Tuesday, June 12, 2007

It's Official.

My promotion, I mean. Signed the paperwork today. I'm officially Not the Paralegal. And our wonderful sweet smart temp has decided to stay, so she is Officially the Paralegal. And I got a decent raise and - get this - a car allowance! I can pay off Baby even faster now. So I have a boss I like, a new title for the job I've basically been doing all along, more money, all for no more stress. A good day all around.

My horoscope for today: Deep, slow satisfaction is so much more real than fleeting pleasure -- or at least that's what you tell yourself while you're waiting for your rewards to manifest. You know, you have a point. Keep on keepin' on.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations. It's about time you start getting a little of the good karma back- you've had your share of bad for a long spell.

Kimmen

Unknown said...

Great, good news!

KatyaR said...

Congratulations, girl--I'm so glad to see something going your way!

Don't celebrate too much!

geogrrl said...

Congratulations! And may I say, about freaking time.

Bess said...

Weee Haaa!

Congrations. Love those car allowences.

Cursing Mama said...

congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! I imagine you lying awake daydreaming about all the things you will be able to do with your raise, and then allowing yourself a new pair of shoes for the gym.

Anonymous said...

Are we allowed to talk to you still? Wow.
Congratulations, too.
(All I can think about is I could use some deep, slow satisfaction here one of these days.)

Catherine said...

Is that not the smuttiest sounding horoscope, or am I just dirty-minded? I have to say that when I think of deep, slow satisfaction, a promotion does not come to mind. But I did wait for the reward to manifest, so maybe more satisfactions will follow.